Friday, March 27, 2009

maybe I'm just weird...

But, I LOVE the excitement of the possibility of bad weather. I don't mean I want anyone to be hurt or anything to be damaged, but I really love crazy weather. It's exciting when the sirens blare, and the skies get dark. I love watching the wind and rain howling outside...the lightning flashes, the thunder booms...WOO-Hoo! Maybe it's just being a Kansan??? Maybe it was having a goofy dad who chased the storms (we have some great footage of one, huh Sheri! hehehe). Jake is bummed since it's happening on a weekend which means no snow day...but, they are jazzed at the thought of snow ball fights and sledding. Yep they must be weird too. Well, no matter how weird we are...I hope everyone stays safe, dry and warm. Even if you don't like crazy weather, I hope blessings find you all today!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

My husband loves any kind of crazy weather too. it is a bit contagious after all these years...I don't mind it as long as we have power and some food. I hated it the year we lost power for a week...no fun! I was 9 months pregnant and livng in a hotel with my hospital suitcase! :(

Enjoy the snowball, or shuld I say iceball fights?!?!

Valerie said...

I really should spell check BEFORE I hit enter, huh? I am a homeschooling mom...I can spell!!

Heather said...

that's okay...I told someone Jappy Birthday the other day. Typos just prove how smart we are...we can multi-task and think at the speed of light...our hands just can't keep up with it all! haha

Paula said...

Oh yeah! Nothing like the hair standing on the back of your neck when you know a twister is close! I would like it more, though, if I had a hole to climb into when it gets close!