Saturday, March 21, 2009

whew...what a week!

Sheri thought it would be fun to go get mom and have her be here for Brayden's 13th birthday party. This is the first BIG birthday/get together we have had in awhile. It was Great!
I can't believe their baby is 13!!!

video game junkies

one of those goofy self shots...

Grandma was so happy to be here...the kids loved it too!


just having fun...


doesn't she look pretty?

oh yeah, that's classy!

awwweeee!!!

as with tradition, the birthday kid gets the first bite! (he liked his dragon)

he enjoyed his cake!

she looks like a baby doll!

Happy 13th Birthday Brayden...you are turning into such a wonderful young man. I'm so proud of you!!!
While mom was here, we took a drive to Winfield. I'm sure this might seem weird to some people that I'm taking photos of my kids in a cemetary...I just think it's sweet the way they "talk" to him.
Jenna was sniffing all the fake flowers, that cracked me up...

then, they take their laps...

it was a nice quiet drive home after all that running.

Jenna had a fashion show for Grandma!



This was last night...the kids saying goodbye. It's hard to believe it was 6 months ago since mom was here last...and we won't get to see her again til Novemeber.

I wanted to get some pics with The Trotters this morning before we left, but sadly they are sick.

We played outside when we got home from our little road trip. What a beautiful day. My chalk monsters!



and the bubble Queen!

2 comments:

Sherbear2975 said...

Great Pics Heather. It always makes my heart a little sad to see dad's headstone. I don't know if it will ever really sink in, I love how Josh and Jake talk to him. Dad is definiely smiling in heaven.

I am so glad that we were able to get together...it has been too long!

The kids are all getting so big.

Paula said...

My Daddy has been gone 21 years and I still go out, sit down, and have a chat. Of course, as Christians, we know they have gone on, but it is comforting to just sit and imagine.