Thursday, January 15, 2009

what we've been up too...

Jenna, just being Jenna...funny girl!



I decided to attempt to make my dad's scrapple on New Years. This was something he did after every holiday to use up left-over turkey or ham. Sheri was sweet and emailed me the recipe. I thought it would be fun to remember him this way, and carry on the tradition...but, it only made me sad. It just wasn't as much fun making it and eating it by myself. (Aaron was sweet and tried it, though he used to call it Crapple.) Maybe next year the Trotter's and the Nichols' can get together and try the old recipe again.


Pretty easy to make...basically cornmeal and a few other ingredients...


It is supposed to set up over night, and then you slice it and fry it...(I know, it looks gross...but it really is yuummmmyyy!!!)


Final product with syrup...Gotta have the syrup. It wasn't as good as dad's, but not bad for my first try!

While Aaron was off work (and the weather was decent), he decided to work on Dirt Mountian/Mud Pit. They reduced the dirt to Dirt Hill. Woo-hoo. Another weekend and maybe another truck load of dirt, and I'll have a normal back yard to mow! YEAH!!!

Working hard...

One little shovel full at a time...

and, just more of Jenna being Jenna...gotta love her style!


Oh, and work has gotten interesting. Besides the hours sucking, and all the drama working with women...it's not tooooo bad. I have been moved to the foo-foo case. So, I get to play with "gourmet" desserts now, dressing up some and creating some of my own pasteries. Some of the stuff I have been getting to do is pretty cool. I need to take my camera and start getting some pictures. We made the cutest "bride and groom" chocolate covered strawberries the other day!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Have you just been swamped!? How is the job, etc.? Miss seein' ya!

Paula said...

Come by for a visit - I'm Feelin' the Love!