Sunday, May 3, 2009

Joshy's Day!

This little fella has given me a run for my money since day one. I was sick up until about a month before I had him. I had gestational diabetes with Josh. And, since I had a c-section the first time, I didn't know what real labor was like. (I always felt denied the whole "labor and delivery" experience with Jake. I never got one contraction...went in for an emergency c-section.) But, boy oh boy...did Josh ever make up for that! My water broke at 2am. The contractions started pretty quick, and got pretty intense right away. 15 hours later I was finally able to push. Poor little guys head was kinda turned, so it took another 2 hours of pushing. Tada!!! Thanks to his large and turned head, I got to spend 2 more hours in stirrups getting stitched back together. WHEW!!!!
Joshua made his debut at 8:50 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 10.4 ozs, 20 1/4 inches long.

He's always been such a clown

and, he's always made such funny faces!
Amy is giving Josh his first haircut! He didn't like it, but she did a great job! :)
This is Joshy's 2nd birthday. We didn't do a lot for his first, he had been terribly sick.
His favorite place to be...on my shoulders!
He loves playing his toy guitar.
3rd birthday!
4th birthday
Today...He has grown into such a nice little boy!

for your viewing pleasure...the many faces of Joshua. This ended up being our favorite photo shoot. Not at the time mind you, but when we got home and viewed the disc. Some of the faces he made still make us laugh...what a funny kid!
This one is my favorite!!!




Joshua at times can be a challenge, but I think that's because he and I are so much a like. He has a sweet heart and a strong mind. I know he will be a great man some day! I love you sweet boy! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Sherbear2975 said...

Happy Birthday Joshy! You are such a big amazing little boy! We are truly blessed to have you in our lives! I am so proud of you and all the accomplishments you have made this year! I look forward to watching you grow into a wonderful, determined Godly Man! We love you very much!

Amy said...

What a wonderful post! And that was a great first haircut. :) Happy Birthday, Josh!

Karma said...

Whew! You barely have time to catch your breath between birthdays. His expressions are priceless!

Paula said...

What an incredibly cute stinker!